Click the image for quick information about the service.
Call 614-205-1285. Email email@example.com
Coming Someday Products
- Time v3 Astronomical Clock
- Phone corral / “smartphones to home phone converter”.
- Chess board integrated into computer
- Chess board modification to Bluetooth
- Gaming headset to standard audio adapter
- Time v2 graphic clock
- Game timer
- Completely user-owned security system based on standard home networking protocols.
Tech Concepts Education
Everyday tech remains a mystery to most people. Most people are starting at zero. Even if schools taught tech effectively, much of the tech did not exist when today’s adult generations were in school. The underlying concepts are both unbelievably simple and usually apply to a wide range of consumer products even if the products look very different. The underlying concepts behind modern technology are life education worth investing in. Plus, as users we are so familiar with everyday tech, it can be fun to see how it works.
1. Audio technology.
Time v3 Zero to Hero in Audio Tech Class
Conferencing Studio using Music Equipment
2. The internet. What the internet is physically. Demonstrate how we are communicating electronically from physical buildings to underwater cables to server software to web browsers. OstranderNet!
(Currently a draft post, more than half complete)
3. “Ownership versus renting” on the internet. How the internet can be owned or rented just like real estate and how ownership is important on the internet just like in real estate. Vimeo versus YouTube, Linux versus Windows, domains and websites versus social media.
4. Software selection. Software is made by people who are paid to control how consumers interact with computers and each other. Understanding underlying business motivations of software creators can help you select software that works for you.
5. Home electric power. Electric power is a staple in the modern home. Simple demonstrations of what electric power is, where it comes from, and how it actually does things.
From Tesla versus Westinghouse/Edison to transformers to the AC waveform on an oscilloscope to watts and watt-hours to your circuit breaker box.
6. Data encryption. How can two computers send a message that can only be read by the two participants even if a hacker can see all of the traffic? OstranderNet.
7. Batteries. From lithium ion to lithium ion to lithium ion, performance measures and how batteries drive modern tech.
8. Tech basics of digital cameras. Electrical engineers are often into photography because digital cameras nerdize art.
9. General tech consumer: